1.Start & finish transportation guide
1）Entrance of Full Marathon：take off at Haitang Xiaoyue station or Jiangnan Sports Center station, walk towards Nanbin Road from Sihai Road, through the road behind Sheraton hotel to the roll-call area(it will take about 10mins to the roll-call area by walk).
2）Entrance of Half Marathon：take off at Haitang Xiaoyue station, walk towards Nanbin Road from Xiaoyue Road(it will take about 10mins to the roll-call area by walk).
3）Entrance of Mini Marathon and Parent-child marathon：take off at Fulishe station or Nanping station, walk towards Nanbin Road from Fuhong Road or Hongsheng Road(it will take about 15mins to the roll-call area by walk).
The available buses that pass Nanping East Road stationare 304, 318, 321,346, 347, 352, 353, 354, 376, 377 and 384.The buses that pass Jiangnan Sports Center are 305, 320and 873.
Recommended admission for mini marathon/parent-child marathon:Enter the track in a free ferry at Nanping international convention and exhibition center rally point.
Free ferry bus: 6: 00-7: 50
Starting station: Nanping International Convention and Exhibition Center
Ferry bus route:Nanping International Convention and Exhibition Center -- Nanbin Road Hongsheng intersection
1）Roll-Call Time: 06:30 - 07:30 am March 25th 2018.
A. Full Marathon: according to athletes’bib numbers, the“A”segment should wait for roll call from Sheraton roll-call area, the“B”segment should wait for roll call from Haitangxiaoyue roll-call area.
B.Half marathon: the“H”segment should wait forroll call from Kaixianglong roll-call area.
C.Mini marathon/Parent-child marathon:from Hongsheng road into their respective areas to wait.
A.Athletes must wear the unified clothing for race.
B.Special invited athletes must register at assignedroll-call areas.
C.Competitors of the Half Marathon should wait for the starting gun in corresponding Roll-call area, orwould not get official records.
3.Starting time and Location
Each competition will start on different starting guns. Full Marathon (segment A and B) will start at 8:00 am; Half Marathon will start at 8:05 am. Timing induction belts will be set at each starting line of Full Marathon and Half Marathon. Competitors must set off from the corresponding timing induction belt (starting line), or would not get official records.
1) Cloakrooms are set at starting and ending areas of the Full Marathon. Competitors should attach the mini number bids to the designated spot of the package and deposit the package in cloakrooms. Use the number bid to claim the package after match. Cloakrooms open from 06:30 to 15:00 and will be closed 20 minutes before the race.
2) Cloakrooms for the Half Marathon will be set on the buses around starting point. Use number bid to deposit and claim the package on buses of corresponding numbers. Cloakrooms open from 6:30 to 7:40 and will be closed15 minutes before race.
3) If the package were not claimed on time by chance, please take the number bid to Chongqing Jiangnan Sports Center(the organizing committee) to redeem your package after race. If the package were notclaimed within 3 days after race, the committee would take it as abandoned.
4) No flammable and explosive products are allowed to be stored. Do not deposit valuable goods,including mobile phones, ID, cash, bankcards, keys, computers, and etc.
1) Athletes must wear the number bibson the chest. Do not foldor cover the number bids.
2) Number bibs are athletes’ ID during the race.Athletes must fill in authentic information on the back of number bibs.
3) Number bibs cannot be transferred, or the original owner of the number bids will be fully responsiblefor any accident happened afterthe number bib changes.
1）Athletes of full and half marathon must use timing chips provided by committee.Anyone who do not use the chip or not set off at the designated area will have no official timing records.
2）Wearing 2 or more chips in race, the records would be canceled and reported to Chinese Athletes Association.
3）The record is subject to net time.Athletes must step on the road’s timing carpet and avoid jumping, or cannot be recorded. Timing points and cameras are set on the starting point, 5km, 10km, 15km, 20km, 25km, 26,2km, 30km, 35km, 40kmand the ending point.
4）Recycling: turn in the chips to the cloakroom after race and claim the finisher’s T-shirts.
7. Tips for Race Start
Net time is applied for both full and half marathon; athletes start their race in each assigned area. Please do not push or squeeze to avoid of tread.
8.Closing time and distance
To ensuretheracesecure and smooth, the raceroutewill beclosedtotrafficatsuccessivesectionsduringthe raceperiod. After finishing one section of race, the transportation would be resumed. If an athlete could not finish race before section’s closing time, stop racing immediately and leave the race route in case of danger. Athletes who withdraw the race could take the ferry buses to the program ending point.
1 hour 30 mins
3 hours15 mins
4 hours 30 mins
5hours 15 mins
5 hours 55 mins
6 hours15 mins
1）Beverage station：Beverage stations are set at Starting point, ending point, 5km, 10km, 15km, 20km, 25km, 30km, 35km, and 40km.
2）Drinking and water use station：Drinking and water use stations are set between beverage stations: 7.5km, 12.5km, 17.5km, 22.5km, 27.5km, 32.5km, and 37.5km.
3）Supply stations：Supply stations are set at 17.5km, 22.5km, 25km, 27.5km, 30km, 32.5km, 35km, and 37.5km.
10.Toilet, Temporary shower and Environment conservation
1）Movable toilets are set at starting point, race route（3km and every 2.5km from 5km to 40km) and ending point
2）Temporary showers are set in nearby area at 15km, 20km, 25km, 30km, 35km and 40km.
3）To protect the environment, please do not urinate or defecate anywhere outside the designated fields. Do not litter at all and throw waste wrappers, cans and rubbish into the trashcans and bags.
11. Medical aid
Medical aid stations are set on the race route every 2.5km from starting to the ending point. There are first-aid volunteers along the course with moving AED and emergency runners that will provide service for athletes. During the race, athletes should estimate their own capability based on health conditions.If there is any accident such as running out of physical strength, athletes should stop racingimmediately to avoid danger. If the professional medical personnel require any athlete to quit the race, the athletes must follow the order.
12. Aid cars
Aid cars will follow the course during the full and the half marathons.If there is any case that an athlete could not finish the race due to physical condition or not capable to finish on time, he must take or wait for aid cars to pick up in order to ensure safety.
Chongqing International Marathon Committee will set camerasin starting point, ending pointing and significant road segment to monitor the whole race. If anyone goes against theregulation on following behalves, his/her race record will be canceled, and will be banned on participation in Chongqing International Marathon for two years and the case will be reported to Chinese Athletes Association. For a severe violation，athletes will face a lifetime ban.
1) Enroll with false age or other person substitute him/her to run.
2) One wears two or more chips in race, or wears other’s chip to run, including a male athlete wears a female’s chip.
3) Start from the false locations.
4) Jump the gun during start.
5) Keep running on the race route after closing time or jump into course after quitting the game.
6) Abandon the prescribed race route of the course submitted, take short cut or take any means of transportation during the course.
7) Fail to wear the number bid to pass the finish line as instructed in both half and full marathon course.
8) Fail to finish the course and still claim the keepsake without passing the finishing point by rule.
9) Disobey the instructions of event staffs, disturb the race, make troubles，fight and brawl.
10) Claim multiplekeepsakes by passing the finishing point repeatedly.
11) Forge number bids to cheat, take turns to run.
12) Use false information to gain qualification or transfer the number bid to others.
13) Other behaviors against the rules.
1) Athletes should be healthy and frequently participate in exercises and running practices. Athletes should select the suitable programs, the patients that suffer from following medical conditions are not suitable for race:
A. Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease
B.Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease
C.Myocarditis and other heart diseases
D.Coronary artery disease and arrhythmia
F. Other diseases that not suitable for sports
2) Tips before race
- A pair of shoes that suit for running
- A pair of thick sports socks
- A pair of thin sports shorts
- A raincoat (wind and water proof, heat preservation)
- A small box of Vaseline
B. Psychological preparation
- Physical test is strongly recommended for 1st time runners, the test should include heart, blood pressure,bloodbiochemical (any history of congenital heart disease, or unusual figures of blood fat, blood sugar, liver, and kidney, they should not attend the race).
- Protection of feet: cut toenail and cocoon, if there is wound on feet, please get treatment in hospital.
- Marathon is a challenge for your physical fitness and mental preparation. Athletes shall always remember that safety is alway the priority, and know when to give up. If there is any unusual physical discomfort, please stopping racing and ask for help.
C. Preparation before race
- Fried, sweet, and meat foods are not recommended for breakfast before race.
- Do not take off jacket or coat too early so as to maintain heat and prevent from injury.
- Warm-up 30 mins earlier before race to maintain heat and increase heart movement.
- Paste Vaseline to protect skin friction.
3) Tips for race
A. Notices during race
- The first “afflictive” period will comein 10-20 minutes after beginning, it is the so-calledthe first limited status, and it’s a normal phenomenon. The resolution is to slow down the speed and breath for 2-3 minutes till the afflictive period pass.
- It is common foruntrained competitors to experience body’s limited status in 30-35 minutes after beginning, including muscle and join’s pain, extreme fatigue, and impulsive idea of giving up. If anyone experiences these phenomenons above, - it’s better to quit the race rather than take the risk.
Each athlete should keep a comfortable and favored tempo, do not compete with others, or it would break down your speed and rhythm.
- Usually, marathon athletes need to take energetic drinks around 20km.
B. Notice after race
- Maintain heat, moisturizing, and urge the body to take food to refuel.
- Do not do sauna or take hot shower.
- Massage is acceptable.
- 10-20 minutes jogging after 24 hours could help your body’s recovery.
- Ifyou have any concern after race, please consult with professionals and psychologists.
15. Process after race
1) Get the complete package – food s upply – turn in the timing chips for keepsake–claim cloth package– practice resume.
2) You can check and print record on the Chongqing International Marathon official site the 2nd day after race. Athletes of mini marathon could fill out their records and evacuate.